Kingston-ConwayMarker1(largeweb)

Media file
Title: Kingston-ConwayMarker1(largeweb)
Media type: Photo
Format: jpg
Note

KINGSTON – CONWAY By 1733, Kingston Township had been “marked out” in this area, and by 1737 the town of Kingston was in existence. Since many landowners were non-residents, the township did not flourish. In 1801, the town was renamed Conwayborough. Robert Conway had acquired large landholdings in the area, and in 1805 he conveyed some 223 acres to the town. In 1883, the town name was changed to Conway . ERECTED BY THE CITY OF CONWAY AND HORRY COUNTY HISTORIC PRESERVATION COMMISSION

Given names Surname Sosa Birth Place Death Age Place Last change
Robert Conway Gen
1753
268 Charleston, SC
1 December 8, 1823
197 70 Georgetown, SC
Never
Given names Surname Age Given names Surname Age Marriage Place Last change
Sources
Title Abbreviation Author Publication Individuals Families Media objects Shared notes Last change
Sources
Title Individuals Families Media objects Sources Last change