When the King of England purchased the rights to the Carolinas from Lords Proprietors in 1729, a plan was formed to attract settlers to this large unsettled land. The King's council offered 50 acres to each man, woman and child, including slaves, who would come and settle the land. The scheme worked and settlers came, not only from England and Europe, but from other American colonies. John Frink was married to Hannah Prentice whose father was John Prentice a sea captain who supplied the coastal waters between New England and the Carolinas. He was probably influential in attracting Nicholas Frink son of John and Hannah to the Carolinas. Nicholas came here in 1734 with his large family and settled on what is today known as Little River Neck.Some other settlers coming from from New England, kinsmen of Nicholas Frink, included James Minor who had a grant for 375 acres on Cedar Creek and Boriah Grant who received an adjoining tract of 300 acres in a grant dated Jan 18,1733. It is on this property that the modern developments known as Cedar Creek Village and Lightkeepers Village are situated. Cherry Grove Beach had been known as Minor's Island for this James Minor. Nicholas Frink's numerous descendants intermarried with the Gause, Gore, Bellamy, Vereen and many other families whose names are prominent in Horry and Brunswick counties today.


--- 2nd Generation ---

     2. JOHN FRINK III was born on May 18, 1671 in Stonington, CT and died on November 04, 1753 in Stonington, CT. JOHN married HANNAH PRENTICE daught of JOHN PRENTICE and HESTER NICHOLS. HANNAH was born on June 06, 1672 in New London, Connecticut and died March 02, 1717 in New London, Connecticut. JOHN and HANNAH were married on February 15, 1693/94 in New London, Connecticut