Patience Augusta Simmons
Henny Carlisle (View posts)
Posted: 3 Mar 2003 9:03PM GMT
Beverly, if I may I would like to respond to this query. Susan, a couple of others and I have intensively researched this family just fairly recent.
Thanks for giving me the children of Patience, I did not have them. You have more on them?
To start at the top.
Joseph Gore Sr first wife was Sarah "Sally" Simmons b. abt 1769 in Duplin Co., NC d. abt 1831/32, d/o Isaac Simmons Sr.
After her death Joseph Gore married a Sarah for whom we have no last name.
Joseph Gore Sr and Sarah "Sallie Simmons" had four children:
1) Daniel Simmons b. 1791 m. Mary Ann Best
2) John Gore b. abt 1794 m. Nioma Jenrette (my xmany times grandma for whom I have no ancestors)
3) Joseph Gore Jr. abt 1795 m. Nancy Ann Best (sister of Mary Ann Best)
4) Mary Jane Gore m. 1) Jacob Stanland 27 Oct 1807 and m 2) George Reaves. Have very little data on her. No children.
In her father's will she is mentioned as Mary and from a deed we found her middlename Jane.
Joseph Gore and his second wife Sarah had the following children:
5) Johnatan Linton Gore .b abt 1836
6) Elizabeth Jane Gore b. abt 1838
7) Sarah Gore b. abt 1841
Sarah, the second wife of Joseph Gore Sr married Daniel Simmons est. in 1846. This couple had the following children:
1) Sabry b. 21 Apr 1848
2) Patience August b. 24 Sep 1850
3) Kenyon b. abt 1855.
After the death of Sarah, Daniel Simmons married Anna Jane Coleman v. 1843 on 27 Jul 1887.
She had two children, David C. Coleman b. Jul 1880 and Pinkney S. Coleman b. Oct 1882
Brunswick County, Waccamaw Twp., NC.
Taken Jun 7, 1900
78/78 Simmons, Ana J. Head, wf, Dec. 1843, 56, widow
Coleman, David C., son wm, Jul 1880, 19, single
Coleman, Pinkney S., son, wm, Oct 1882, 17, single
If you have more questions, please let me know.